My current research investigates Cloud Computing IaaS and FaaS delivery models, with a particular focus on the following directions:
- Resource allocation and how placement algorithms can reduce the datacenter energy consumption and resource utilization ineffiencies in Cloud data centers.
- Service Level Agreements (SLA) definition and assessment in serverless computing (FaaS) and the challenges pertaining to the unique abstraction of the serverless model. Part of my work examines the accuracy of various ML architectures in classifying serverless SLA violations.
- M.Elsakhawy and M.Bauer “SLA for Sequential Serverless Chains: A Machine Learning Approach “, International Workshop on Serverless Computing, Part of ACM/IFIP International Middleware Conference (WoSC ’21 ) Accepted, in-press
- M.Elsakhawy and M.Bauer “Usage Trends Aware VM Placement in Academic Research Computing Clouds“, IEEE International Conference on Cloud Computing, (CLOUD ’21 ) Accepted, in-press
- M. Elsakhawy and M. Bauer, “Performance Analysis of Serverless Execution Environments“, International Conference on Electrical, Communication, and Computer Engineering (ICECCE ’21), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 2021, pp. 1-6.
- M. Elsakhawy and M. Bauer, “FaaS2F: A Framework for Defining Execution-SLA in Serverless Computing” ,IEEE Cloud Summit (CloudSummit ’20), Harrisburg, PA, USA, 2020, pp. 58-65.
- M. Elsakhawy and M. Bauer, “An Investigation into the Usage-trends of Canada’s Research Computing Clouds“, IEEE International Conference on Smart Cloud (SmartCloud ’19), Tokyo, Japan, 2019, pp. 1-6.
- S. Moursi, M. Elsakhawy and H. Ghenniwa, “Agent oriented media recommender system utilizing Smart multimedia,” International Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work in Design (CSCWD ’11), Laussane, Switzerland, 2011, pp. 437-444.